Stang’s most popular mid-sized cannon, the 960 Remote Control Super-Low-Profile Monitor can flow up to 7,500 GPM. In addition to its top-selling status, this unit has the most number of configurations available of any Stang monitor, which means that we have a perfect configuration for your application.
960 – 6.0” Stang Remote Control Monitor
The 960 Remote Control Super-Low-Profile Monitor (RCM) is adaptable to almost any application. This unit is equally at home on a fireboat, oil refinery, or mining quarry where remote manipulation is necessary. Delivering up to 7,500 GPM up to 450-feet, the 960 RCM is used where you need to deliver a lot of water on target, every time. Stang’s 960 RCM also has options for dual outlets for the addition of a foam-nozzle, which can be paired with a Shapertip or fog nozzle, giving you total control at the flip of a switch. The standard 960 RCM is controlled via a tethered control box with a single joystick. Options include nozzle and valve controls, as well as true wireless and Bluetooth control signals. Full programming is also available from basic oscillating sweeps to complex movements and cycles, offering semi-autonomous operation. Electric and hydraulic power options are offered. Monitor control software for your smart phone or tablet are now available!
Rated for severe duty in any climate, the 960 RCM is durable enough for the task at hand. Using U.S. sourced smooth bore Schedule 40, 6.0-inch diameter stainless steel piping, the 960 RCM consists of three sections: the intake base, lower ell, and the upper ell. The intake base is available in many configurations and provides the foundation for the first swivel, the horizontal axis swivel. This swivel rotates 340° and houses the first of two electric or hydraulic motors. The upper ell incorporates the vertical swivel, second motor and monitor outlet(s). The vertical swivel has a +/- range of 85°/65°. Using movable environmentally sealed proximity sensors, each swivel’s travel can be easily adjusted to fit your specific application.
6.0″ Remote SLP Monitor, 230/380/460VAC Electric, 6.0″ Raised Face Flange Inlet, 6.0″ Raised Face Flange Outlet, Proximity Switch, 304 Stainless Steel, Red
Note: New installations require a monitor control module and starter panel.
Electric AC with multiple voltages available (explosive atmospheres certification available)
Hydraulic (low pressure)
6.0” raised or flat face 150# ANSI flange
8.0” raised or flat face 150# ANSI flange
Custom threads or flanges available
Single 6.0” raised face 150# ANSI flange
Main Outlet: 6.0” raised face 150# ANSI flange
Foam Outlet: 4.0” raised face 150# ANSI flange
Custom threads or flanges available
Electric proximity switches (explosive atmospheres certification available)
304 stainless steel
316 stainless steel
316L stainless steel
Powder coat red internally & externally
Custom powder coat colours available
All options below can be ordered for multiple monitor control and with custom programming.
• Tethered (single monitor control)
• Tethered w/Remote Fog Nozzle Controls (single monitor control)
• Tethered w/Water Valve Controls (single monitor control)
• Tethered w/Remote Fog Nozzle & Water Valve Controls (single monitor control)
• Bluetooth (apps available for your smart phone and tablet, too!)
• Super-low-profile upper waterway design
• 340° horizontal rotation
• 135° vertical range
• Four adjustable proximity (limit) switches
• Very well balanced
• Each swivel has two rows of stainless steel ball bearings for stability and easy of motion
• Two zerk fittings on both swivels for easy maintenance
• Industrial powder coating for corrosion and abrasion protection, applied internally and externally
• Robust, hand welded joints
• Simple, intuitive control system
• Easily replaceable motors and proximity switches
• Options for remote nozzle and water valve controls
• Hydrostatically tested to 300 PSI for 5-minutes, minimum